mercredi 6 janvier 2016

UNEXPECTED PLEASURES OF 2016 WELCOME TO CUBA

Life is not about the regrets about the PAST nor about the anxieties of the FUTURE.
As I sit here at the Admirals Club at Heathrow Airport in London, I realize that the sad departure from my life in Europe is mingled with the excitement of unexpected pleasures to come in 2016 of which Cuba would certainly be one.
This is the fourth time I am saying Good Bye to Europe: Sweden was the first country I lived in Europe, then it was London, England on two different occasions, once as a student; for the past nine years I have made over 100 trips to France and Belgium.Saying Good Byes to countries is nothing new in my life.. Jamaica, various places in the USA, but never to Miami..the three places in Australia, one of which, Melbourne was my home!
Even my travels follow the path of renewals.. While I lived in Australia, I tried to cover the South Pacific Nations; while I lived in Miami, I tried to cover the Caribbean; and in the past few years, I have traveled extensively to Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia and Indonesia. This morning I noted with some sadness that I have not been to South East Asia since July 2014! There was a period when I was in Buenos Aires frequently enough to be mistaken for a local at Palermo stores and cafes...
Miami would always be there
CUBA is where my heart has been and where my heart is and that would always be HOME...
(my cuban colleagues)

This year I look forward to travel to 
Qatar
Cochin
Amazon River
and perhaps a return to South East Asia, Cambodia ..

Hasta Luego Amigos!

Here is thought for today from the Indian Elders, in this case, Rolling Thunder
"When we're through with this earth and all these problems, we don't have to come back. But as long as we're here we have a job to do and a purpose to fulfill, and that means dealing with the circumstances around us."
-- Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
We are put on the earth to participate in life. We have a beautiful mind, we have the ability to pray, we have the ability to change, we have the ability to accept, and we have choices. All things God created are constantly changing. This constant change causes our circumstances to change. Sometimes we say life is difficult. During these times we need to use our tools: the tools of prayer, and the tools of meditation. We are designed to change and live joyfully on this earth. The only requirement for living joyfully is to live according to the laws, principles, and values given to us by the Creator.

WHAT HAD JIDDU KRISHNAMURTHY  TO SAY ON THIS DAY?


Self-knowledge is not a thing to be bought in books, nor is it the outcome of a long painful practice and discipline, but it is awareness, from moment to moment, of every thought and feeling as it arises in relationship. Relationship is not on an abstract, ideological level but an actuality,the relationship with property, with people, and with ideas. Relationship implies existence and, as nothing can live in isolation, to be is to be related. Our conflict is in relationship, at all the levels of our existence and the understanding of this relationship, completely and extensively, is the only real problem that each one has. This problem cannot be postponed nor be evaded. The avoidance of it only creates further conflict and misery; the escape from it only brings about thoughtlessness, which is exploited by the crafty and the ambitious. - Krishnamurti, The Collected Works, Vol. VI",50,Choiceless Awareness

On arrival in Miami, my sister had prepared such a tasty middle eastern food which is my genetic food, we talked and laughed as we do when we are at a table
As the Harvard study had found out
In the end, what all matters are RELATIONSHIPS
Cultivate it,, sacrifice for it and enjoy it
Otherwise You have only LONELINESS to embrace in your life as it progresses..
For me a meal without laughter at the table is no Meal at all.. it would be just like animals filling their guts to satisfy their hunger. Human beings are meant to be social, to talk, laugh and chat and exchange information and knowledge..

SWAMI SIVANANDA'S 

 Message of the Day for Wednesday, January 6, 2016


 There is something good even in all seeming failures.  You are not able to see that now.  Time will reveal it.  Be patient.

A line from Pablo Neruda comes to mind

“Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”






featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...