lundi 14 décembre 2015

AN UMONHON NOZHITHI'A EN OLYMPIA, WASHINGTON

Little Mr  D whom I met for the first time, is the son of Mitexi, my niece in the UmonHon Tradition. Olympia, the capital of the State of Washington is not a place for a family encounter of this sort, but that is where I could meet this Buffalo Clan member! Time was too short, so we briefly reminisced about other times in the UmonHon reservation as well as the time she went to Cambodia as a budding Occupational therapist to help the Cambodian Diabetes Association.

When I met his grandmother at the Indian village of Walthill, she reminded me that while the Buffalo Clan is his heritage from the UmonHon tribe, his father is a Yurok, belonging to the Eagle Clan, to which he would belong!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...