dimanche 8 juin 2014

WANDERING JEW: THE SHABBATH VARIATIONS

I have been fortunate enough to be traveling on an irregularly irregular basis all around the world since 1993, and since 2002 fairly regularly to South East Asia. I have been more than once stranded in Moslem countries on Shabbat evenings and on a recent Pesach, found me seated comfortably on an American Airlines flight to Madrid, much to my consternation.
Starting out and ending in Brussels over the course of 5 weeks..
I lit shabbat candles under various roofs and stars..

at the home of a traditional Kickapoo Indian on the Mexican Border

In Miami, at the home of my sister, she keeps a stash of Shabbat candles for my use

In La Habana, where I even attended the Friday Night services at the Patronato!

One week later, on shabbat, I was in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Few days later, on the festival of Shabouth, I was in Haifa, Israel

to be back in Brussels in time to light the candles for Shabbat!

I was lucky also to listen to Rabbi Mitch C in Miami, to bring up my Jewish knowledge up a notch
Strangely but interestingly enough, I gave an interview for one hour at durianasean.com in Malaysia, the topic was interesting. Misconceptions about Jews, Judaism and Israel!

ah Well, it has been a good month to have been a Jew!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...