mardi 18 décembre 2012

THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL TIME


THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL TIME

The greatest gift that I can give to my friends is TIME.
That is why I don't wish to chat on line, talk on Skype or participate in Facebook.
Friends need time, as in being present there with them all the time, in Full rather than in snippets or Twitter.
Thus when time becomes scarce, friends are lost. So make Time!
Are you busy? someone asks
No, I am never busy for my friends.
But as we welcome new friends with great emotion and understanding, we should also accept their departure.
2011 my best friend in Asia left the scene.
2012 a good friend from Karaj, Iran left.
But as Bob Marley has put it in words, when one door is closed, the other is open.
There are no strangers in this world, only friends who are to be made.
Cuban friends never leave because they have been your friends in FULL, face to face, and share fully their times. Perhaps they too will depart when Internet becomes available in Cuba and they prefer virtual to real friends, but I somehow doubt it.
American Indians are always there, they are not going anywhere. Their lives are not trajectories, going from one step to another step higher. It takes a while before they would call you a friend, said a Meskwakia elder.
If someone shoots an arrow at your friend, you are duty-bound to stop that arrow, even if you are hurt in that process.
That is the spirit of the Warriors, to protect others.
Because my sister and her husband gives me a lot of time, Miami still has remained close to my heart.
I fondly think of the friends who defined “homes” to me during this vagabond life:
Kuala Belait, Brunei
Melbourne, Australia
London, England
Miami, Florida
Kingston, Jamaica
La Habana, Cuba
Baracoa, Cuba
Even though I feel very comfortable being in Asia, no place has felt “home”, even though my good friends in KL and Bogor had helped me feel at home.


I DONT HAVE TIME IS NOT A SENTENCE IN MY VOCABULARY WHEN IT COMES TO MY FRIENDS, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT AND IT WOULD ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...