mercredi 18 avril 2012

ET TU, BRUT US



ET TU, BRUT US (A)

Endocrine Society says FDA excludes critical research in decision-making on BPA use in food packaging
Chevy Chase, MD— The Endocrine Society, the world’s oldest, largest and most active organization devoted to research on hormones and the clinical practice of endocrinology, expressed disappointment today in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for neglecting key research and endocrine principles in deciding not to ban BPA in food packaging.
BPA is a known endocrine-disrupting chemical (EDC). EDCs are substances in the environment that interfere with hormone action resulting in adverse developmental, reproductive, neurological and immune effects in both humans and wildlife. Many of these chemicals are designed, produced and marketed largely for specific industrial purposes, but they are also found in some natural foods and may become further concentrated as foods are processed.
In 2011,
 China banned companies from manufacturing,
 importing or selling baby bottles that contain bisphenol 
A (BPA), a potentially dangerous chemical routinely 
added to everyday plastic products.
China joins Canada, France, Denmark and the European Union in recognizing that this chemical is linked to a number of harmful health effects like breast cancer, heart disease, obesity, hyperactivity and other disorders.
Unfortunately, BPA is still routinely used in hundreds of consumer products sold in the United States.
BPA became widely used in the manufacturing of plastics in the 1950s. Today, in addition to plastics, The chemical is used in countless consumer products, including the lining of canned food containers, cigarette filters, dental sealants, certain medical devices and the coating of the paper on cash register receipts. Recent studies have found that BPA leaches into canned foods -- particularly green beans -- from the lining of the can.
 Sometime I wonder, whether the agencies in charge of regulation is regulating safety or profit in the USA.. it is a pity it is applied to HEALTH care. If you are interested in PROFIT ( as in Corporations, or  Private Practice of Medicine for Profit), then the health of the patient is not as important as it is a source of income for you.
A cunning lawyer in Austin, Texas once told me, he advises his doctor clients: Cling on to your patients with Chronic Diseases, your financial status would be fine!
How awful...
Let us think of the Great Physicians of the past, such as Rabbi Moses ben Maimon also known as Maimonides
"The eternal providence has appointed me to watch over the life and health of Thy creatures. May the love for my art actuate me at all time; may neither avarice nor miserliness, nor thirst for glory or for a great reputation engage my mind; for the enemies of truth and philanthroply could easily deceive me and make me forgetful of my lofty aim of doing good to Thy children.
May I never see in the patient anything but a fellow creature in pain.
Grant me the strength, time and opportunity always to correct what I have acquired, always to extend its domain; for knowledge is immense and the spirit of man can extend indefinitely to enrich itself daily with new requirements.
Today he can discover his errors of yesterday and tomorrow he can obtain a new light on what he thinks himself sure of today. Oh, God, Thou has appointed me to watch over the life and death of Thy creatures; here am I ready for my vocationand now I turn unto my calling."



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...