dimanche 10 octobre 2010

Yet another General Strike Looms...


I have a generational legacy to keep up, my Grand Father and Father were always on the side of the workers, even though they both held jobs in Education and Health. When your work gives you an intellectual satisfaction, payments for your services may not take on the same magnitude were you a provider of manual or physical labour or skilled jobs that has not literary claims! Studs Terkels book had demonstrated that 9 out of 10 people are not satisfied with their work, so it does cut across the societal spectrum.
so the inconveniences caused by a strike of workers in the train, metro, bus among others is not going to make change my loyalty to the family traditions. so it was not surprised to find that 71% of the population support this strike and it may also reflect the low popularity of the current president Mr Shark, to whom saving money so that the poor can starve some more is a perfectly acceptable argument..
I am in Paris, and about to leave for USA. It is early to say whether or not I would be affected by the strike. I am certainly not going to loose sleep over it. I will get over to Los indios and they would be the first to understand, having lived the life of an oppressed and colonized people all their lives...
So respect the strike, dont curse the workers,curse the oligarchy that causes the workers to take these extreme measures...
always make sure that your sympathy is on the side of the humans and not monsters...

The appropriate caption for the photo should be: To Love France or Not?

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...