mercredi 14 octobre 2009

Eats and Flies Part I October 10, 2009



EATS AND FLIES PART I 10 OCTOBER 2009 OMA TO IA TWO HOURS 737-700

Breakfast served

New York Style Mini Cinnamon Raisin. Ingredients: among others Palm Oil, partially Hydrogenated Soybean oil.

A small bag of this has 23 ingredients. It has 35 grams of content of which 26 grams are carbohydrates.

No to This

Nature valley Oats and Honey Bar

21 grams bar, has 15 grams of carbohydrates in it. 17 ingredients.

No to this

Cereal. Milk 2%. Fruit Cup. Tea.

I did not know what was in the Cereal since it was served on a dish. But at the Presidents Club in Houston, a sample of cereal was available

Country Corn Flakes

26 ingredients. 16 grams of Carbohydrates. 64 out of its 70 calories are from carbohydrates.

So if I had eaten all they had offered me on this First Class flight, a short one, I would have eaten 55 grams of Carbohydrates plus whatever was in the Fruit Cup and a cup of Tea with milk!

This breakfast was presented, innocent and deceptive, I might add, praising Energy and Health, this simple breakfast would have taken up all of my carbohydrate allowance, almost all of it…

And left me hungry to boot?

How I longed for a Salmon with a piece of Baguette with some Gravlox! And a strong coffee from Nespresso.

This is what I would have had for breakfast, if I were home in Paris! and I wouldnt care to count my calories or my carbohydrate intake, but just enjoy it , knowing that Food villains have not put 33 ingredients into it..

EU is covered by very strict Food Safety rules. While France contributes to 2/10th of one percent of world's fish farming, there is certain amount of security about the ingredients in the food fed to the Fish.The most common fish farmed in Europe is Trout. The common variety of Salmon available is wild caught Norwegian Salmon.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...